Achieve a Goal and Save $20…

by Tony Chung on January 19, 2007

I think that setting milestones/deadlines is the surest way of achieving something.

Especially if you’re not working for the man.

At a job:
    The man sets deadlines for you, so that you can be productive during the time when the man is paying you.
    At school:
    Why do we have midterms, quizzes, and final exams in college? They’re deadlines to ensure that you will be productive and learn.
    Video games:
    Without getting past that boss in level 8, you will never get to level 9.

I’m contantly setting goals for myself because I am inherently a lazy mofo. I decided recently to try something new with a close friend:

I am telling him to set a goal and a deadline. If he doesn’t reach his goal by the deadline, he owes me $20 in cash.

Think about it. You really don’t want to give a friend $20 free. So do it. Achieve that goal. And feel good about it after it’s happened and you don’t owe anybody anything.

I challenge you to make set a goal and deadline and have a friend hold you accountable.

Anybody gutsy enough to tell me your goal? 😉 If so, leave a comment.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

antonyjeans753 April 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Boost your career
Taking courses online is also a great way to be able to do the class work on your own time rather than have time obligations and requirements for each course. It is now possible to have a fully booked life and go to school with ease. Also, you will want to consider all the money in gas you would be saving by not having to commute to school on a daily basis………….
online education

antonyjeans753 April 20, 2010 at 11:49 am

Earn while your learn
Students looking to finish their college degree, start a new career, or increase their earning potential now have a quick and easy way to find the best online education degree program that meets their needs, with Next Student’s new eLearners college search program. This free interactive tool allows students to search for online colleges and universities and to browse through thousands of online courses in hundreds of fields…………
online education

air jordan 2 May 31, 2010 at 4:33 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
Recently,I found an excellent online store, the XX are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying! http://www.air-jordan-2.com/

air jordan 9 June 1, 2010 at 2:30 am

Well , the view of the passage is totally correct ,your details is really reasonable and you guy give us valuable informative post, I totally agree the standpoint of upstairs. I often surfing on this forum when I m free and I find there are so much good information we can learn in this forum! http://spoon8.net/

air jordan 17 June 2, 2010 at 10:55 pm

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
Recently,I found an excellent online store, the
sall4.net
are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying!

Carmelo Anthony Shoes June 4, 2010 at 1:13 am

Here elaborates the matter not only extensively but also detailly .I support the
sits to know more relate things.They are nostalgic-pushead.com strongly recommended by friends.Personallyhings.They are strongly recommended by friends.Personally

chanel June 4, 2010 at 2:15 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
Recently,I found an excellent online store, the http://www.chaneloutletstores.com are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying!
write's unique point.It is useful and benefit to your daily life.You can go those chanel chanel outlet chanel store cheap chanel discount chanel chanel on sale chanel for sale chanel leather Chanel bags chanel handbags chanel purses chanel wallets chanel Luggage chanel travel bags chanel shoes chanel boots chanel Accessories chanel belts chanel jewelry chanel scarves Chanel glasses chanel sunglasses chanel clothing chanel dress chanel bikini thefer.net Like-Acer tiny let-lands iamateacherithink
sits to know more relate things.They are strongly recommended by friends.Personally
I feel quite well.

chanel June 4, 2010 at 6:15 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
I feel quite well.