Yep, your blog is a part of you. Heck, it IS you. Personal branding. My two cents:
Writing a blog is like running a business.
How? Here are some analogies:
- Quality. If I write something offensive or boring today, you might stop coming back. Or you might discard my feed from your RSS reader.
- Word of mouth. If you dig my blog, you just might tell your friends to come check it out. Case in point: After Robert Scoble recommended my blog, my RSS readership doubled immediately.
- Maintenance. I have to make sure my blog is looking sharp at all times. Who knows what important person might drop in by chance?
- Customers = #1. The reader is most important. Uninteresting content = dead blog = waste of time.
- Reputation. Number of readers statistics = your reputation / credibility / popularity.
Any serious blogger should keep these things in mind.
Agree or disagree?