It’s not until you really sit down and think about how damn easy life is these days with the Internet…
Being in Taiwan, I can still:
- Impulsively text message a friend in the US for free via AIM
- Chat on the phone with my Dad (he’s in Hong Kong) via Skype for minimal $ at the click of a button
- Watch US television live via Sling Media
- Follow the market and trade stocks live via Yahoo Finance & Scottrade
- Keep up to date with all my friends’ developments via Facebook
These are truly indispensable applications for me. Life would be a lot less efficient without them. It’s truly amazing and wonderful what technology has allowed us to do today.
Internet, you rock.