The Importance of Being… Humble.

by Tony Chung on September 23, 2007

I’ve met a lot of new friends in the last week or two. Many who create music / dance / sing / etc. Through these experiences, I’ve been reminded of a very cliche but damn true statement:

There’s always someone out there who is better than you.

(except for Michael Jackson :)) The scary thing is… when you show your work to someone new you’ve just met, that person could possibly be… better than you (from an objective point of view). So… it is important to always be humble when demonstrating your work to others. Ask for their opinion, get some feedback, let it be a way to improve rather than a chance for you to praise yourself to others. Don’t get me wrong, confidence is important. Having confidence is important and necessary. BUT how you express your confidence is a whole other story. Be careful about the latter…

Being humble can gain you more respect and friends… believe me. No one likes an overly expressive confident person whose work is in fact a joke…

Don’t be this guy… 😉

cockyguy

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

air jordan 2 May 31, 2010 at 4:30 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
Recently,I found an excellent online store, the XX are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying! http://www.air-jordan-2.com/

air jordan 2 May 31, 2010 at 4:30 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!

air jordan 9 June 1, 2010 at 2:29 am

Well , the view of the passage is totally correct ,your details is really reasonable and you guy give us valuable informative post, I totally agree the standpoint of upstairs. I often surfing on this forum when I m free and I find there are so much good information we can learn in this forum! http://spoon8.net/

Carmelo Anthony Shoes June 4, 2010 at 1:13 am

Here elaborates the matter not only extensively but also detailly .I support the
sits to know more relate things.They are nostalgic-pushead.com strongly recommended by friends.Personallyhings.They are strongly recommended by friends.Personally

chanel June 4, 2010 at 2:17 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
Recently,I found an excellent online store, the http://www.chaneloutletstores.com are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying!
write's unique point.It is useful and benefit to your daily life.You can go those chanel chanel outlet chanel store cheap chanel discount chanel chanel on sale chanel for sale chanel leather Chanel bags chanel handbags chanel purses chanel wallets chanel Luggage chanel travel bags chanel shoes chanel boots chanel Accessories chanel belts chanel jewelry chanel scarves Chanel glasses chanel sunglasses chanel clothing chanel dress chanel bikini thefer.net Like-Acer tiny let-lands iamateacherithink
sits to know more relate things.They are strongly recommended by friends.Personally
I feel quite well.

chanel June 4, 2010 at 6:17 am

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!
I feel quite well.